Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Needle in a Haystack

Nice title for what ultimately turns out to be Stevie the Patient's condition. Wish I could have been there. One reason I've started this blog is that I am in Europe right now and can't see House M.D. Good thing Fox has such detailed episode recaps.

The show is such a good mix of medical mystery and terminology – which deeply appeals to the part of me that loved watching operations on TV as a kid – and House-shenanigans. Which deeply appeal to the part of me that couldn't wait for my weekly dose of M*A*S*H. House is the closest thing to Hawkeye and Trapper we have these days.

I wish I could have seen the look on Cuddy's face when House started complaining about the parking space, or Foreman's while House was preoccupied with it during their meeting. He's always the same old House, no matter whether he's in a meeting with his team or playing poker in his kitchen. Or bugging Wilson. Or Cuddy. Both of whom are very much like M*A*S*H's Henry Blake, I might add. At least where their roles in House's life are concerned.

House really needs a Trapper.

No comments: